I “heart” Emily. She is one smart woman and I love her approach to finding more women in STEM. What’s that? Oh. Women in STEM need to step up and be a role model. I’m now an Emily fan and plan to watch all her shows, found at http://www.youtube.com/user/thebrainscoop. What I love about Emily is not just her calling out women to get public about their nerdiness, but her push to deliver quality educational content about science making science accessible to everyone. What’s not to love about that???
The last 20 years of my career I’ve worked in high tech. I have been fortunate enough to work beside amazing women – and not just in marketing or HR. I’ve worked with amazing women technologists, coders, data junkies, and QA mavens. These women rocked it.
- Emily asks “Where My Ladies At?” Stop. Watch this. The… (itsokaytobesmart.com)
- Scientist Emily Graslie shares sexist comments she receives on daily basis (dailymail.co.uk)
- Women and science on youtube (freethoughtblogs.com)
- STEM Role Models – Britain HAS Got Talented Female Engineers (cascaid.wordpress.com)
- Geek Girls and STEM Careers (higheredgeek.wordpress.com)