Volunteer, donate, get involved.
- AAUW – AAUW has been empowering women as individuals and as a community since 1881. For more than 130 years, we have worked together as a national grassroots organization to improve the lives of millions of women and their families through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
- Women’s Funding Alliance – Women’s Funding Alliance is the leading funder in Washington state that invests in and advocates for women and girls. By strategically supporting organizations that promote progressive change for women and girls, we have a dramatic impact on the overall health of our community.
- Seattle Girls School – Seattle Girls’ School is committed to preparing young women for the world at large with a focus on leadership skills, team building, and artistic and physical expression. With a curriculum grounded in project-based work, students are exposed to a wide variety of challenging experiences.
- TerraPass – At TerraPass, calculate your carbon footprint and by carbon offsets for air travel, household carbon usage and invest in great green products. If you buy tickets from Expedia, puchase the TerraPass offsets when you check out.
- Women for Women International – Women for Women International supports women in war torn regions with financial and emotional aid, job-skills training, rights education and small business assistance so they can rebuild their lives.
- Heifer International – Since 1944, when Heifer first shipped cows to impoverished families, we have known that livestock offer one of the best resources for ending the cycle of chronic hunger and poverty that plagues two-thirds of the planet. Since then, Heifer has helped millions of families with gifts of livestock and training.
- Kiva – Kiva lets you connect with and loan money to unique small businesses in the developing world. By choosing a business on Kiva.org, you can “sponsor a business” and help the world’s working poor make great strides towards economic independence. Throughout the course of the loan (usually 6-12 months), you can receive email journal updates from the business you’ve sponsored. As loans are repaid, you get your loan money back.
- Mother Jones – –Mother Jones relies on people like you to keep non-profit, independent investigative journalism alive and kicking! Help speak truth to power and make real change happen by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Mother Jones Investigative Fund